Saturday, August 23, 2014

Piano Man

Bam!

"Oops", a whisper heard through the house then some giggling, these are the noises that awoke me this morning. Then the familiar melody of "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" wafted down the hall making me feel comforted even though the bright and scorching sun was shining in on my eyes on this extremely hot August day. Smiling and stretching while still lying in the bed I heard Frankie, Eloise, and Lena singing while Frankie's fingers found the keys effortlessly.

They were singing quiet in an attempt to make sure not to wake me. But Frankie had let the top of his grand piano slip from his fingers like usual and the banging of it hitting the rest of the grand piano had awoken me. Tears pricked my eyes as I heard the next melody arise from the piano, "Beauty and the Beast." I heard the girls get really quiet as Frankie quietly crooned out the lyrics. Flipping my hair and grabbing my robe from the bedpost and slipping on my slippers, I tipped toed quietly down the hall.

Standing in the archway, I saw an incredible view. My husband had Eloise perched on his left leg and Lena was sitting beside him on his leather bench in front of his grand piano. Frankie was playing so intently he didn't even notice me in front of them watching him play from memory instead one of his countless songbooks.

I glowed when Frankie finally felt my eyes on him. He didn't say a word but I felt invited to sit beside him. Lena made it more apparent that I was invited because she ran up to me and grabbed my hand and pulled me along. Frankie kissed me with such passion and love that my equilibrium was strongly affected. He started playing "Valentine." As I pulled Lena into my lap we started singing together.

I've dreamed of this a thousand times before
In my dreams I couldn't love you more
I will give you my heart
Until the end of time
You're all I need, my love, my Valentine

And even if the sun refused to shine
Even if romance ran out of rhyme
You would still have my heart until the end of time
'Cause all I need is you, my Valentine
You're all I need, my love, my Valentine


No comments:

Post a Comment