Friday, July 4, 2014

Oh My Gosh! What Does She Have In Her Hands?!

Pretty sure it's a Broom!

No. Not Mary Ann. Yep in fact I am pretty sure I bought the broom myself.

I have been spoiled all my life and I still am. But I wanted to grow up and do things for my family. We are, after all, a family now.

My mother says it's me nesting since I just adopted. I call it finally getting my act together.

There are many things factoring in my change of ways:

First, becoming a mom of a child with EB it makes you aware of germs. Germs are a huge enemy now. I was totally freaked out reading things online when Ellie arrived. I felt like I had to shield her from everything. Then I had to clean everything. I like having things clean but I wanted to boil everything. I have gotten over that some. People keep me in check and helped me remember that she is a toddler and I have to let her live.

Second way is a YouTuber. Organized Like Jen, this is her main channel but she has several more which I love. I love her! I can literally watch her all days as I have found out. I literally felt myself taking notes on her vlogs. She is not a specialized organizer which is what I like. She isn't about purging everything she has or having a minimalist of things. I really hate shows where their idea of decorating is one lily in a vase in the table. It irks me because nobody is happy with that and if you are I feel sorry for you.

Third way is actually the person... She has coodinating blog posts with every video she does! How awesome is that!?!?  Organized Jen is also a place where I take notes and get lost in the world that Jen Ross created. She is so wonderful. I hate how much she gets bashed. It breaks my heart because I understand what she is going through.

(For her other channels My Housewife LifeThe Busy Bee BuzzWinnie The Tzu Tube {All about her dog! YAY!} Disorganized Don {Her Husband's channel})

Next way that has totally made me have a problem with organizing is my planner that I have organized. Erin Condren's Life Planner has been taking the women by storm online. And not only online but craft stores and office supply stores! Knowing I was going to be purchasing one really made me sit down and think about what I wanted to put in mine. And there for, it forced me to think about becoming organized.

Also on the list is the website called iHeart Organizing. A mother of three boys and she gets the job done for house projects that help you organize and make things look better. I am all about the right now. So this website really makes me feel good about the changes I am making in my own house. Not to mention it gives a great deal of resources.

The sixth way, is Cleaning Mama.  She has a ton of cleaning printables and schedules. They aren't just about making your own cleaning products. They also talk about store bought products.

And last but not least is FlyLady. I am starting with the babysteps for this website and then moving outwards. It makes me feel like I am accomplishing something. That's where I want to start and I feel great knowing I am working toward making a better me and a better home.

So when you see the changes in me realize that I am wanting to make these changes but with the help of my friends and mentors I am doing with my own style... Glitter and all. (Who says Dawn has to stay in that ugly dispenser?)




No comments:

Post a Comment