Friday, April 18, 2014

Fresh Start Challenge Day 6: Tell Me What Makes a Man


Frankie and I had a terrible fight around the time the time this was challenged. We almost ended up, but something happened and I swear I felt my world fall away from me. Frankie broke into song when I told know if I could stay with him if he kept doing something. He never sings to just me. He sings with his brothers and at the retirement village but that's different. 

Any other girl, I'd let you walk away
Any other girl, I'm sure I'd be ok
Tell me what makes a man
Wanna give you all his heart
Smile when you're around
And cry when you're apart
If you know what makes a man
Wanna love you the way I do
Girl you gotta let me know
So I can get over you
What makes her so right?
Is it the sound of her laugh?
That look in her eyes
When do you decide?
She is the dream that you seek
That force in your life
When you apologize, no matter who was wrong
When you get on your knees if that would bring her home 

I couldn't believe he was singing and his words hit like a ton of bricks. I couldn't leave him. We spent the night reading to each other while crying and I swore to him I wasn't going to leave. The situation has been solved with us talking about the problem and both of compromising. 

Now why do I love him?

  • He is my biggest supporter. Yes best friends even above you. It's true. He gave me over hundred different options to pick from whenever I felt like cutting.

  • He is very loyal to people, even those who have mistreated him.

  • God is his first priority. Out of his brothers, Frankie is probably the most religious. Him and his triplet, Chris. 

  • He puts me before any other human being, including his favorite niece. I get onto him for that because she thinks Uncle Frankie put the sun in the sky. 

  • He doesn't complain about going to work, (seriously even I know I'm lucky on this one.) Instead he is so grateful that he is even able to go to work. Which to makes me smile because sooooo many people piss me off when they talk about how crappy their pay is or how crappy their job is. Be grateful you are able to go to work and have a job. And Frankie never grumbles even when it's a small job.

  • He never puts me down. Sure he jokes about my shortcomings or silly things I do. But he is never cross or too harsh with me.

  • He understand why I only drink Evian water and refuses to buy any other brand. 

  • He lets me see him when he is in true pain. This took forever for us to reach this level in our relationship. He was raised in a family where tears means you are wuss or really struggling. And the Raposo brothers believe that neither one of those is good. And quite frankly I can understand that.

  • He saves me my favorite kind of cookie (sugar) when he gets a variety pack from someone. 

  • He doesn't scare the life out of me when he is driving like his brothers do. He has amazing driving skills. Even if he does rev the engine. 

  • He surprises me at least three times a week with different things! Sometimes it's flowers, a date, or a meal. But it's the little things I just love like when we are going on a long drive he puts a ring pop in my seat!!! I love that.

  • He loves to read out loud and I could listen to his voice all day. I actually recorded him reading the other night.

  • My final thing is what stood out the most to me the first time I saw him. His caring nature stood out but his piano playing skills are exquisite. I have listened to him play for hours. It is what calms me now.





No comments:

Post a Comment