Sunday, May 25, 2014

5 More Minutes at the Library

"Read to Me"

I loved going to library as a child. My big brothers or sister would take me. We lived in Chicago and then Seattle so we would just walk. Many times they didn't mind reading to me because they had money in their back pockets from our parents and they would go to the arcade. I was fortunate to learn to read before other little kids so them having to read to me didn't last long. 

The Boxcar Children


I loved this series before I could even read. My pawpaw and mawmaw would read this to me. I always wanted to be Violet and learn to play the violin and bake! This series really helped my imagination and help with solving clues and made me want to go on adventures! I always wanted to live in a boxcar or have one in my backyard to play in and keep house! I would have loved that so! Now looking on Pinterest at the recipes and activities that people have made for the books it really makes me want to be a kid again! 



Mike's House


When my big brother read this to me I had an instant connection with Robert! I loved the public library! And I didn't call it the library either! I called book heaven. Mine may have not been as confusing but I understood why he wanted so badly to get to the library!


The Little Old Man Who Could Not Read


I begged for this book! I loved it then and I have it now! You ever want to show a child (or a parent) the importance of reading and liking to read this is it! His wife usually does all the grocery shopping and lives him a list... He can't read! So he buys similar looking boxes to the food boxes he remembers. Probably is a box of soap flakes and a box of wax paper looks a lot like a box of oatmeal and a box of spaghetti! Trust me it's a good book. Sure there are some people who read into the book too much but there will always be those adults who weren't hugged and loved as a child.



The Egyptian Game 



I love books about imagination! I think it was because I had such a big imagination back then! My parents even made me a Barney bag full of crafting supplies! So I have always loved making up adventures! This book is basically kids imagining living in Egypt and making costumes and letting their imagination run wild. 


Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips or The Bailey School Kids


Totally loved this series because well let's face it these supernatural creatures didn't do these things! I loved this series though. It always made me happy to read them!



Honorable Mentions


Nancy Drew




No comments:

Post a Comment