Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Fresh Start Challenge Day 28: Hello Dorothy



I live in tornado lane of the southeast. I, myself, do very little to prepare for bad weather. However, my neighbors are my family and they are so prepared it's a little scary. 

I was not used to tornadoes when I first moved down here. I was unlucky enough to have just moved here in 2011 right before the tornadoes ripped through Alabama. I was scared to death, but my boss let me stay with her that night and morning of those awful storms.

I am used to blizzards. In the north we are prepared for snow, and more snow. It's just how we are. We have food and back up ways for cooking and things. 

I do have several animal crates to move all of my animals into a safe place when storms are moving in. I have storm blankets for the ones that do not like thunder. I also wrap their paws with masking tape and write their names and my number on the tape. That way if something does happen it will be easy to contact me if someone finds my animals. 

I have bags made up so that each of my animals have enough supplies in case our living space is destroyed. 


I used the kit above for each of my dogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment