Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Fresh Start Challenge Day 27: The Purple Emperor


Fly Away







I discovered this specie of butterfly not long after I stopped cutting. There are many reason to why I love the Purple Emperor, or Apatura iris. It's usually just found in Europe and Asia. I long to see one of these beautiful creatures up close and personal.

First of all, it's a butterfly. I love the Butterfly Project on Tumblr to help alleviate all of the self harm people on there. Including myself.

Second of all, the color. I love the purple on this particular butterfly. Purple is my third favorite color. Purple also has a special meaning to me now. The ribbon for Crohn's awareness is purple. Frankie means the world to me and if I can help support him in any way I will.

Lastly, the eye shapes at the bottom of the butterfly. I have printed a picture of this butterfly and have through my house. It reminds me that I have a butterfly watching me. Not only will harming myself result in a butterfly dying but I will be letting down my butterflies. Those and the people that love me. It really helps me through rough days of uncertainty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment