Saturday, June 28, 2014

More Tea Please


I wanted more time with Eloise and I got it. Frankie was delivering furniture he had made over the week to their owners today. She was nursing as Frankie left this morning. She did want some solid food afterwards. We had mini banana pancake muffins. We watched PBJ Otter on YouTube. She really enjoyed it and so did I.

Eloise and I cleaned up a little and she was a huge help. I gave her a bath and brushed her hair. To the normal person this doesn't seem like a big deal. But to me it was huge because her skin is so delicate and I am still caution of what I am doing.

I boiled her new plastic tea set to make sure the germs were off of it. Then I dried hers. I got my set out from Teavana the Butterfly Cast Iron Teapot. I decided to have Black Dragon Pearls Black Tea. A favorite of mine. For her "tea" I poured some organic apple juice in t here. I made use the sandwiches above and also some lunch sandwiches too. We had a small picnic on our floating bed on the patio. 

After having our small picnic on the patio we cuddled up for some reading, nursing and a nap. After that I made us both some more tea. Real for me and apple juice for her of course. We explored Aunt Odette's garden for a bit. Discovering that there are some butterflies which made me very excited. 

I decided to make her a sensory bin. I look at what I had and discovered I had plenty of oats for making oatmeal; so in the box they went. I gave her two different sized cups and a spoon. It has now been two hours of nonstop play for her. She pours, scoops, moves, etc. I have been fascinated watching her. 

I did move the box inside so I could start on making dinner and writing this blog. That hasn't hindered her at all. So for our first day alone, I believe it has been amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment