Wednesday, June 4, 2014

No More Miss Nice Girl



I will always love Matilda. I would beg and cry to go rent it from Movie Gallery. I connected with the movie better than the book for once in my life. That movie was me. Okay minus the super powers.

I was the kid that literally walked herself to library (and got in trouble for it.) I would spend hours upon hours reading. I knew the workers by name. Some even felt bad for me and would bring me snacks and would let me eat at the counter because I would stay so long and miss meals.

I started school and I thought I would be able to spend all day in the library. My teacher was amazed I could read already in kindergarten so I skipped to first grade. Then I skipped first grade too because I was so advanced.

I fell in love with chapter books at the age of six. They weren't big. It was the boxcar children though. I read and read and read. Books A Million had all 150 of them and I would go there some too.

My Miss Honey was my fourth grade teacher she really embraced my love for reading. She showed me how to speed read and I loved it so much. I would spend even more hours locked away and gone to some far off land fighting for the Confederate side of the civil war.

That's why this movie spoke to me. I felt like her and lived a lot like her.




No comments:

Post a Comment